Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines Day..meh

I don't mean this V-Day.  This one has been great.  Husband gave me a couple of new beads for my Brighton bracelet (Pandora-like) and Lady and the Tramp.  I gave him...cards.  Yeah, you read that right.  Cards.  One was an actual V-Day card with Pepe Lepew and his female kitten, the other was a Happy First Communion card.  We started this tradition a few years ago where we get a bullshit card and a real card.  Last year my BS V-Day card was a "Have fun at camp' one.  Classic.

I digress.  Valentine's Day is the anniversary of two things:  It's the day we found out my father in law's liver was failing from cancer, thus making treatment no longer a viable option.  It's also the day I had my second miscarriage.  Talk about a shit storm that day.  I can't help but think of Valentine's Day with a little sad face like this.. :-(  My husband and I try to focus on good things, but these two events are always in the back of my mind.  Again..sad face..  :-(

There are many things I have to celebrate this day.  My husband, our respective families that love us very much, our menagerie of cats, our friends.  But this year I have each one of you to send love out too.  My new computer friends.  <3 <3 <3 <3 <3  Where would I be without you?

I'm sending you all big hearts full of chocolate and roses.  Big love to you all.  Big huge love.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry this day doesn't have the best history for you and your man. It sounds like you make the best of it. I'm so thankful for you, too! = ) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've got the right attitude on a day that can be so tough! I LOVE your BS card thing. Fricking hilarious. Love, love, love right back 'atcha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a big Valentines day person either just because I don't need a holiday to tell me that I should show Matt that I love him but I love your BS card idea! Big hugs to you too!

    ReplyDelete