Thursday, February 13, 2014

Homstretch

I have 16 follicles that are growing nice and large.  There are 10 on my right ovary and six on my left.  I am feeling....full.  Outside of a little bloating, some cramps, and not being able to find comfortable jeans, I'm doing ok.  It's not turning out as badly as I though this whole process would- and trust me, I thought this was going to be a nightmare.  I have a follicle scan again on Saturday, with possible retrieval sometime next week (eek!!).

Sixteen.  Sixteen possibilities for a baby.  My doctor wanted 12 follicles at least, so I'm thinking anything over 12 is gravy.  Logically, I know all of these eggs won't fertilize.  I know they won't all be viable and make it through incubation.  But still.  SIXTEEN.  For a girl that was short on hope, that is a lovely number.  Don't go raining on my parade with statistics, please.  Let me have my 16 little hopelings, k?

If we're going discuss particulars, the worst part of the process  (to me) is the menopur in the morning.  Something about injecting myself with a burning pile of hormones just doesn't scream good morning, know what I mean?  On the annoying list is that I have to pee a lot.  I'm drinking a massive amount of water during the day, but I'm told that's normal, so whatevs on that.  Also on the annoying list is getting pre authorization from my insurance company for the meds.  It takes FOREVER and it's just not reasonable for someone that's on a tight schedule.  I've had to pay out of pocket for a second gonal f pen, to the tune of $888.  Hopefully I'll get reimbursed.

So husband and I are trying to juggle our schedules for next week.  We're telling everyone that plans are tentative until we nail down retrieval.  I'm kind of excited, but mostly ready to be done with this phase.  I miss my jeans.

I leave you with a picture of my Aayla cat.  She's in full on herp derp.  Ignore the wrinkled sheets.

Xoxo


Did someone say catnip?




5 comments:

  1. "16 little hopeling." Cute! Hoping for the best with your retrieval.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to know what is 'herp derp'? You so crazy!

    16 is a very good number! You are going to be very busy with 16 little weezy's running around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Herp derp: it's another way of saying duhhh. We've gotta get you up on lingo!

      Delete
  3. I read 16 and instantly got jealous! We only got 9, 8 of which were mature. We still ended up with 4 to Day 5 blastocysts....It only takes ONE! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, only one. I keep telling myself that. 16 certainly feels like a lot, tho. Especially when several are coming in at 20..millimeters?

      Delete