Sunday, January 22, 2012

A little clarification and lazy day

I realized my last post may make it sound like Husband doesn't want a baby. Without a doubt, he does.  I guess we just have different timelines in our heads.  I'm not sure what his is, but mine is have a baby NOW, do not pass go, do not collect $200.  Have the child now.  Maybe I need to discuss his timeline with him, huh?  Also, I'm not so upset that my co-workers are having babies.  It really is exciting for them.  It just feels like I'm getting passed by again by the baby fairy.  Should I leave a light on or something?  I mean damn.

Today has been a lazy day.  I had delusions of grandeur about cleaning the house and my car.  I thought about going shopping for some new pants and maybe a small birthday present for my husband.  I was supposed to make a birthday cake for him.  I'll still make the cake (mostly because if he doesn't get cake for his birthday I will NEVER hear the end of it), but I'm supremely good at procrastinating.  Besides, he hasn't gotten the cake display thingy down from the cabinet.  How can I make the cake if I can't display it?  Cake recipe will follow in perhaps my next post.  I'm too lazy to go get the recipe card at the moment!

One thing that's been aiding my procrastination is this little thing called Pinterest.  OMG.  It's day one for me on there and I haven't "pinned" anything yet, but HOLY CRAP is there a lot on there.  It's a little tricky to figure out.  Be patient with me, I'll starting pinning at some point.  I have to admit I don't think I'm hipster enough to pin, but you know.  If it's cool to me, it'll be pinned.  Whatever it is.

I'm going to go make that cake before my husband gets home (so it looks like I've done something besides lay around). My Mama Weezy knows the cake I speak of.  She started the tradition.  It's her fault (love you).



4 comments:

  1. My husband is the same way. I just think that they filter their want with practical things. I cried to my husband today over another friend getting pregnant and he got upset with me crying. Said he wants a baby too, but it is ridiculous to get upset about other people. He was just about mad at me for being upset. They just don't get it. Men...can't live with them, can't live without them!

    Happy birthday to the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know you're angry about others being able to have kids but is it really fair to be upset at them for your medical condition?

    We all wish you luck but keep in mind not to be obsessed over it and let it cause anger towards others. No one knows what -you- feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not upset at them at all. I'm frustrated with my situation. I'm angry at my situation. But with the people? Never.

      Delete
  3. I dig the new background. Pinterest FTW dude. I am not a member but I think you have to be one to get the recipes and instructions, etc. for the stuff they make. For now I'm just a surfer. It is addicting and cool though. -m

    ReplyDelete