Friday, January 13, 2012

7 things you didn't know about me

I think you're supposed to wait until you get some sort of blogging award for this, but I'm not waiting.  My blog isn't that popular and I have no patience.  In the interest of a blog that is not centered around my ovaries, here you go.

1.  My parents died when I was 8 and 13.  My mom died first of diabetes and kidney failure, my dad died from prostate cancer.  It was just bad luck.

2.  How I met my husband:  he dated my college roommate.  I swear, it sounds worse than it is.  We think that reaction is funny when we tell people how we met (was it really or are we full of ourselves?).

3.  My cats are all named after Star Wars characters.  Please don't charge us, Mr. Lucas.  My husband plays your video games and buys enough Legos as it is.

4.  My dream car is a Honda Accord, black and a stick shift.  It's completely achievable.  Give it here.

5.  I continue to be mystified why chocolate is not it's own food group.

6.  My husband may be a chef, but I do 98% of the cooking in the Weezy household.  If you fixed computers for a living, would you want to mess with them when you got home?  I think not.

7.  I was married the day before my birthday and I'm still trying to convince my husband that it's two separate days, so I get two separate gifts.  Last year, he gave my diamond earrings.  One on my birthday, one on my anniversary.  You can see how much he's convinced!

I now bestow upon my computer friends a recipe.  It is Chicken Divan, a casserole.  It is simple, dericious (no, it's not a typo) and Mr. Weezy's childhood fav.  Allow me to list the ingredients, ahem:

  • Two chicken breasts, salted and peppered to taste, cooked and cubed
  • One can of Cream of Chicken soup (I usually go with 98% fat free kind..heart healthy!)
  • 1/2 cup of Mayo (low fat mayo..I never said this was calorie free)
  • One teaspoon of lemon juice (enough to keep the soup loose)
  • One 12oz package of frozen broccoli (I use the steamers, it just saves time and dishes)
  • Curry powder to taste
  • 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
Weezy, how do I cook this goodness?  Slow down, child, I'm about to tell you.
  •  Take your steamed broccoli, put it in the bottom of a casserole dish (whatever seems big enough for you and your family)
  • Put your cubed, cooked, salted, and peppered chicken over that
  • Take your Chicken soup, Mayo, lemon juice, and Curry power, mix that up until it's all nice and yummy.  Pour that over your chicken and broccoli.
  • Now my favorite part, put the cheese over the sauce
  • Bake this lovely thing at 350 until golden brown (usually about 30 mins or so)
We usually serve this with low fat crescents and over rice.  Everything is to taste and I swear to you, so nummy.   Behold, darlings.  Below is a before picture of The Divan.  I cannot offer you an after picture. I'm afraid that my husband eats all of it one sitting.

The Divan, you can see I use white cheddar

5 comments:

  1. This comment is from Mama Weezy:
    Darling, you make that childhood favorite sound so much yummier than it already is! It's still a favorite here as well :) LOVE your blog! Your writing is amazing....hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think ima try that chickiebawk. -m

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how much curry powder? -m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, in return to yours.

    Seven things you probably don't know about me:

    1. My favorite muppet growing up was Miss Piggy and it was my mom's nickname for me. My brother's altered version of it was "Pigboo"

    2. i hate my allergy to metal because i really love silver.

    3. i'm not sure where i would work or what i would do if i ever left Bright House.

    4. The first guy i ever fell in love with committed suicide when i was 13.

    5. i used to want to wear glasses when i was young.

    6. i don't like horror films, they annoy me.

    7. i miss Miami but i don't think i could ever live there again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MM-k, I used the 2 tsp. curry powder, and the yellow sharp cheddar, cuz that's what I had. I went to Wally World last night for the broccoli and they were sold out of it?! So I scored a broccoli/cauliflower steamer bag. Threw that in the Divan. It was great! -m

    ReplyDelete