Wednesday, December 14, 2011

One of those "I" days

Ok, so remember how I said a few posts ago that I feel like I'm wearing a big I (for infertility) when I'm doing treatments, but I feel normal when I'm not doing them?  Yeah, that turns out to be not so true.  Today, I feel like the I is blazing on my forehead..chest...sleeve, you get the idea.  I almost introduced myself like this:  Hi, I'm Beth, the infertile one.  Who does that?  Come on now.

It's not lost on me that a contributing factor may be the impending birth of my niece (t-minus 14 days until due date!!).  My husband and I just spent a couple of days in St. Augustine (pics, I promise, are to follow) and we bought her a few gifts.  Is it sad that I'm just starting to get excited about this baby?  No time like the present, I guess.  The last nine months have served as a reminder that others can achieve the goal of a baby (do you hear someone yelling GOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLL?  I do!) while my body still refuses to function properly.  I am ready for that reminder to be gone.

One of my friends that's gone through IVF (and had a kid) told me that seeing the baby will be easier than seeing my sister in law pregnant.  She said it's easier to separate a baby from pregnancy.  I really, really hope that she's right.  I feel out of place around some family now and I have to figure a way out of that. 

So that's how I've been feeling all day.  Just thought I'd share.

See, I promised pics!!

My husband sitting on the oldest bench in the country (not really, but we called everything the oldest ____)

It had just rained over the weekend, so it looked like the fort had a moat!

More moat and fort business

Front top view

Looking out over the city

Just imagine pirates and stuff coming at you!

The oldest drain in the country

Cannons in front

This is a gift that we got for our baby neice.  I'm calling him Auggie (he's from St Augustine), but she can call him whatever she wants...I secretly hope it's Auggie.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great trip! I've always wanted to go to St. Augustine.

    I have heard that it is easier to be around babies than pregnant women. I have a good friend who is pregnant from IVF (so happy for her!) (so envious as well!) and she is naming her child one of my absolute favorite names (slightly frustrated!). Small trivial things that shouldn't matter, I am finding irritate me most!

    Hang in there! I am about to go become a lab rat a quest diagnostics for a thousand blood tests!

    -K

    ReplyDelete