Sunday, March 25, 2012

In return

One of my husband's employees is due to have a baby girl in three weeks.  Employee told me today that he and his girlfriend haven't had a baby shower, just due to scheduling.  I assumed they didn't have much for baby girl and took it upon myself to raid Targ.et.  So umm..a lot of money later they have outfits,  diapers, stuffed animals, socks (even the ones that look like they're shoes!), bath stuff and burpee blankets.  I figure I can live vicariously, right?  Right.  Let's just hope Husband doesn't look at the bank account until the next round of statements comes out (not likely, heh).

Tonight made me think about how much time, money and effort I've spent on my friends and family's babies.  HOLY EFFING HELL, it's got to be a lot.  I'm a person that can't do a little, I've got to do a lot.  Maybe I'm making up for what I don't have, I don't know.  Baby stuff is so effin cute.  All I'm sayin is that when I have/adopt a kiddo, I better get some babysitting or clothes in return!  Shiiiiiiiiittt. 

Just thought I'd share.

4 comments:

  1. You have such a kind & generous soul! You will be a great Mommy one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, I've had to pull in the reigns on baby stuff at Target before. I let myself go overboard with 2 BFF's in throwing showers, buying and making waaaaay too much cute baby stuff. You are going to get all that and more when you have your baby, I just know it! That little lady or man will be so loved by so many people they won't be able to help themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was just so sweet of you! I can't blame you for raiding Target and especially the baby gear! Love the baby clothes, especially little cutsie girl outfits...My bank account is in trouble when we do get our baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord, I need to get my niece some new clothes. She's 3 months and in 6 months clothes. Please help me justify this to my husband.

      Delete