Saturday, March 17, 2012

Forgetful blogger

Gah!  Guys, I'm so sorry!  I've turned into a horrible bloggy friend, I know.  I miss you all, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, I swear.  Pinky swear.  I pinky swear that I will catch up on my commenting and posting.  If it makes any difference, in the last week I've:
  • lost my cell phone about 4 million times
  • successfully lost my badge to get into my work
  • Lost and found my Brighton bracelet
  • Misplaced and located my checkbook, which was in my purse, right where I left it.
I've been nothing but scatter brained.

Update on the house hunt:  We found a house that we loved loved loved in a neighborhood that we loved loved loved, but it's 45 minutes from my job.  That's on a good day with no traffic.  It's only 15 minutes from my husband's job, which is awesome.  The house reminded me of my home in Atlanta, which is a good thing.  We decided to pass on it though. I didn't want to drive 45 minutes (possibly an hour with traffic) to work, not to mention the fact that it was a short sale and we couldn't cover all of the closing costs.  Note:  Short sales are crazy present in Florid-uh. 

Update on the sister situation:  She had life insurance, I am the beneficiary (woot).  I have to wait 16 weeks (possibly more) from the date of the autopsy results for the cause of death.  Hopefully, she didn't commit suicide and the life insurance money will come through. 

So knowing that life insurance money may be possibly on the way, we're looking at adoption a little more closely.  I've always had my reservations about IVF and, quite honestly,  the driving force behind fertility treatments has always been Husband. For the time being, IVF is huge step that I'm not sure I'm ready to take. 

Adoption sounds much more appealing.  I know it's not without it's trials and tribulations, but damn.  I want a baby.  I don't care if my baby is Asian, African American or whatever. I will love that child like my own, because they will be my own.  Make sense?

We're trying to not get ahead of ourselves.  Things may change. 

Anyway, I miss y'all.  Tons.  Super mega tons.  <3

4 comments:

  1. Using the life insurance for a baby would be a great way to honor your sister. She loved kids & wanted one of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Step-Weezy here: As a general rule (always subject to actual terms of the policy) if a policy has been in force for at least 2 years there is no suicide exclusion. They figure no one buys a policy with the intent to kill themselves and then waits 2 years to do it. So unless it's a real recent policy, the benefit should pay regardless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer on the house front. Hoping you find something else soon- I can't imagine dealing with all the short sales. I know that can be tricky. Great news about adoption! You are going to be a fabulous mommy to whatever child is out there just waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't count the amount of times I have missplaced my checkbook in my purse and gone into utter panic mode. The same goes for my cell phone. Hope the house search finds you your dream one!

    ReplyDelete