Sunday, March 11, 2012

The house hunt

First an Easter egg hunt, now a house hunt. I'm all about the hunts, what can I say?  We looked at a few houses last week and are getting set for a new round of houses this week.  Last week I learned a few things:
  • I am picky
  • My standards of clean seem to be too high for others to meet
  • Husband is not as picky
All the houses we saw were foreclosures.  The first one was a farce, it was listed as a 3/2, but it was really a 2/2.  Lies.  It also had woodrot.  It was overpriced, in my opinion.  The second house was a 3/2, 1600 sq feet. New renovations and stuff, but it's 45 mins from Husband's work and it's also a house that others were bidding over.  I'm not getting into a bidding war, especially when the house is worth 10 grand less than what the current price is.  You feel me?  The third house was ok, but it didn't have a garage.  The garage had been converted into an in law suite.  We want a garage for my car and so we can set up Husband's drums.  I'm sure our future neighbors will love it in mid-afternoon!

So the hunt continues this week.  I emailed our realtor seven houses, but we'll see how many actually get a contract before we look at them.  Such is life in central Florid.uh!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your hunting this week! I understand the cleanliness thing. I was completely appalled at one house we looked at. Nasty! Hope you find the perfect house soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you find a house soon! Like you I would be super picky, Matt would not be,ugh men sometimes! Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll know it when you see it! Some people are so gross it appalls me to think that they can actually live like that! Good luck with the hunting - of all kinds!

    ReplyDelete