Sunday, January 5, 2014

Stepping off the cliff

Sooooooooooooooo.  Cycle day one has arrived on time..yay!  Tomorrow I become a human pin cushion, but have thankfully avoided another ultrasound.  There's just something about having the wand jammed none too gently, without asking please or saying thank you, all up in my junk at 730 in the morning.  It really doesn't set the day off right.  Am I wrong, computer friends?

 Anyhow..we still have to sort out with the financial adviser just how much we're going to be paying out of pocket.  I fully expect to have to pay for the drugs out of pocket and possibly another $2,000 just for copays and so forth.  We shall see (donations are welcome.  I'm only half kidding).  I am filled with butterflies at the moment and lots of what ifs, but we all know that big events are not my scene and that Husband is really the big event guy.  I will be busy clucking around, making sure I can take our money pit cat to the vet if she needs to go AND pay for IVF.  Shit.  How did this work for other people?  Shit.

Now, that all that has been said, let's backtrack to the holidays.  They were nice.  Good visits with in laws, happy second birthday to our niece, and some frickin awesome food cooked by Husband.  New Years eve was quiet, as we had just wrapped up a four day extravaganza with my in laws and Husband had to be at the Taco early for inventory.  We both worked on the first, his was mandatory and mine was voluntary for some extra cash. I did, however, ring in the holiday with a migraine that made me sick to my stomach, but hell.  What can ya do?   The new year began with the fabulous news that Husband has been promoted from an assistant manager at the Taco, and is now a general manager at another local Taco.  I am so immensely proud of my husband for achieving his goal in the first quarter.  He continues to amaze me by being the loving, strong, smarty pants man that he is.  *kiss*

Painting the master bathroom has awakened a paint happy fairy in me, and I have endeavors to paint our guest bathroom (white with black accessories) and an accent wall in our living room (the color we picked was brown, but is named soul chocolate).  Walls have yet to be painted, and we still have yet to undeck the halls.  What?  Don't judge me.

I leave you with my sole picture from Christmas.  We are in south FL at Husband's stepmother's, relaxing with some pre dinner (and possibly post dinner) drinks.  Until next time, my friends.  Keep us in your thoughts and send good vibes our way and know that we are doing the same for you.  XOXO


2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your warm weather. This below zero shit is for the birds. I'm coming to sleep on your couch!

    Always sending nothing but the very best vibes.

    ReplyDelete