Friday, January 17, 2014

Today we are thankful..

.....for insurance.  I finally heard back from the finance team at my center.  Turns out insurance covers...oh, you know, EVERYTHING!!  It covers ICSI, genetic testing, and even three months of cryopreservation.  I thought my deductible was $2,000...no, it's $150.  So we'll pay our deductible, and honestly, I'm expecting a bill for at least 10% of the procedure.  Everything that I can find online states that after my deductible is met, my insurance will cover 90% of the procedure and that my out of pocket maximum cannot exceed $1500.  The coverage was verified by my center for a second time today, and they stated I don't have to pay anything.  SOOOOOOOOOOO THANKFUL!!

I found out today that I'm eligible for reimbursement for the medications as well.  My prescription plan covers a lifetime maximum of $5,000 for infertility medicines.  And here I thought I knew my coverage well!

So all of that puts this show on the road. Husband is excited, I'm nervous. I wish I could fast forward to the 27th and start the shots. Let's get it going!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Stay out of the snow, if you can. I'll post pics from our trip when we get back!

Xoxo

4 comments:

  1. HOLY SHIT!!! That is amazing! So happy for you! One less thing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I said, in the middle of work. And I read one less thing in the Forrest Gump voice.

      Delete
  2. I am so happy for you! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That's great news. From experience my insurance told me it was 80/20 after my deductible but they paid 100%.

    ReplyDelete