Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weezy is back!

Gah! My friends, I have missed you.  I'm back in action, but with sad news.  Aunt G died the day after I wrote my post.  It was all very sudden and it's difficult to process still.  We miss her so much.  The Weezys gathered and threw her a fantastic party.  Casa de Noodle catered the ..wake?  Reception?  Anyway, fun was had by all.  We told stories of Aunt G (some started at 'and then there was light', so I mean, the stories could be long) and all drank Pinot Grigio in her honor.  I'm part of such a fabulous family.

So other than all that, things have been mostly quiet. Lots of baby happenings in my world and it's tough to not feel left out.  I'm in a strange place and I'm trying to process all my feelings.  Even though I've decided to create a family by "alternate means" (for the record, I hate that term) by adopting, I still feel pangs of jealousy from all the baby announcements and births.  Does one every overcome this feeling of inadequacy?  Maybe I'm not at the complete acceptance stage of this journey.

If we're counting (and I'm only vaguely doing so), this is cycle day 2.  I was thinking that if I keep ovulating every month (haven't missed a month for 3 years now..high five!) I could run the risk of getting pregnant.  I'm not going back on birth control, ever, so I guess we'll see what happens.  It'd be freaking weird if I got pregnant.  Like super duper freak out, call one of you and cry weird. 

A word to the wise, Fift.y Shades of G.rey is not about shades of color in any way shape or form.  I read The Hun.ger Games, but have heard mixed reviews about the movie. I've heard there's too much shakey cam in it.  I'm so pleased that The Real Houswives of New Jersey are back.  I missed that freak show (guilty pleasure!).

How are y'all?  I've missed you guys so so much.  Tell me what's going on with you.

8 comments:

  1. I MISSED YOU! Welcome back. So sorry to hear about Aunt G, but sounds like you did right by her with a great party.

    Spring has really brought out all the baby announcements, hasn't it? Crazytown.

    I don't think I'm game for Fifty Shades of Grey...but RHONJ? Now, that I'm on board with! Excited to see what kind of crazy Teresa brings tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Fifty is super weird. Not my cup of tea. Teresa's gone crazy!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Weezy is back! :) I am so sorry for your loss and hope you can continue to honor Aunt G in such style!
    I have heard mixed reviews of Fifty...Not sure if I am up for it or not. I don't watch any of the Real Housewives, but I got in a guilty pleasure with my gal pals this weekend...The Lucky One! Oh Zac Efron (who is way too young for me) you are hot! Missed you and so glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fifty is stupendously weird. It's like Twilight, but for grown ups and minus the vampires. WEIRD. I should've read the description before Kindling it.

      Zac is a little cutie! Miss you tons!

      Delete
  3. I liked the Hunger Games movie; it was faithful to the book in all the right ways, and I approve of the changes (which were minor).

    I'm sorry about your aunt. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! You're back! Hope you felt the love & thoughts I was sending your way! Sounds like you did right by Aunt Weezy. I was raised baptist and never understood why other religions had such serious funerals! Celebrate the life they lived! That's what I say! So glad your back, did I say that yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your Aunt G. But YAY YAY YAY for you being back! I heard about the 50 Shades but haven't had time to pick up a book here lately which also means I haven't read The Hunger Games. But YAY you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out my blog to pick up your award!!

    http://hiddeninfertility.blogspot.com/2012/05/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete