Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pre..Preg...Pregna...I can't say it

Sorry for the silence, friends.  Let it be known that OHSS will kick your ass for the better part of two weeks and you do NOT need to push yourself.  Three days in, I was thinking I could go back to work.  Wrong.  So wrong.  My plans of working were replaced by much resting in bed, many liters of water, a million protein shakes, and 56,984 daily naps.  I'm finally back to work and am able to breathe and move around without pain.  Taking a deep breath is glorious.

So with all that, I'm decidedly pregn..pregnant.  I can barely type it and I stumble over saying it to people. I'm not bleeding and all signs are pointing to something being in there and growing. I have delightful queasiness throughout the day, a tiny bit of cramping, and the boobs are sore.  I have interesting veins crisscrossing and it seems like they've gone up in size in the last week.  Helloooooooo pregnancy boobs!  Where you been all my life? I seem to have developed a little pooch, but I'm assuming it's leftover bloat from OHSS. That or I'm fat because I'm hungry ALL OF THE TIME (do you have pizza?). I've never been the skinniest girl, mind you.  But I've been the same size for about 4 years and now I need a belly band to comfortably wear my jeans.  Self esteem...so high.

Here are some particulars:

First beta came in at 42.  I panicked because OMG, that is low.  Nurse realized we were tested 9 days after transfer, she said we just needed to watch it.  I will test until the HCG level reaches 100.  Progesterone is 80.

Second beta comes in at 83.  Hmm.  So we're in doubling ballpark, ok.  Something might be happening in there.  Progesterone still in the 80s.  Day 11, post transfer.

Third beta jumps up to 214, this is day 13 post transfer.  Something is obviously cooking. Progesterone in the low 90s.

We have an ultrasound on the 27th to see if something's in there. I'll be 7 weeks on the 25th, according to the doctor. I have no idea how they figure this because the last time I had a period, it was January 2nd.  Or something like that.  I'm still a little concerned that my betas were so low, but I don't know.  I had a good jump and my doctor didn't seem to be concerned.  Should I follow his lead?

I've never had an ultrasound with a heartbeat.  That little detail seems elusive.  But hey, I'm not bleeding, which means I've made it further than my last two pregnancies.  Small miracles, people.

Hopefully I didn't jinx anything.  I'm going to go find some food.  Xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you. You will see that elusive heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to see that heartbeat and it's going to be amazing! And yeah, pregnant veiny boobs...no one told me about that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like great things are happening! That heartbeat'll be there on the 27th - as Laura said it's going to be AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete