Saturday, November 26, 2011

Just Adopt!

You've heard it, you know you have.  You're talking to a friend/cousin/uncle/Mom/Dad/whatever about your struggles with infertility and they say, "oh honey, why don't you just adopt?."  People, please.  I know you mean well and I know you want to stop your loved one from sobbing (I've been this loved one far too much), but it's not "just adopting".  Allow me to explain. 

Speaking strictly from my own experience here, I have a strong drive to have a biological child.  It certainly helps that I have insurance coverage for treatment, but my husband is cute and blonde.  I want to have his cute blonde baby, and I want my child to be tall like he is...not short like me.  There is nothing wrong with that.  My husband and I actually plan on adopting, but quite frankly, IF treatments are cheaper with the insurance than adoption will be.  However, if you're willing to lend me the $30,000 it can cost to adopt, I would be forever grateful and would maybe name my child after you....maybe.

*************
Anyhoo, Thanksgiving was magnificent.  As usual, my husband made fantastic turkey and gravy (he actually killed it on the gravy).  My favorite part of the holiday (and this going to sound really selfish)...it was completely baby free.  It was so nice to not feel awkward, I can't even tell you.  That was probably the best gift when I'm facing a baby filled December.

This coming month is going to be so weird for me. I'll be happy to see babies born, especially my niece, but it's going to be so hard for my mental state.  Much to my husband's dismay, I'm developing a reward system for myself.  I can't deal with all this crap and not have a mani/pedi!  I just can't!

Also, the second IUI didn't work.  I found that out today. One more and we move on to IVF.

My new mantra:  I will get through this...I will get through this..I will get through this...

No comments:

Post a Comment