Saturday, April 12, 2014

Still kicking


I'm really not one for dogs, but I find this so appropriate right now.  I've been making myself get out of the house and to be around people.  I'm finding myself just sitting there while the conversation happens around me... I'm really not up to contributing anything meaningful. So far I've just been around family and one super close friend and they've all taken it easy on me. I'm so thankful for that.

I go back to work on Monday, but I don't feel ready at all. I want people to leave me alone, but be available for a hug at the same time.  Support me, but don't push me. On the other hand, maybe I need a little push. I don't know. We'll see what I can handle. I'm not ruling out the possibility of a breakdown, though. I like to keep my options open.

Speaking of a breakdown, I made an appointment with a therapist for Thursday. I'm anxious to get in there and maybe learn some coping skills. I'm going to try not to cry. I'm sick of crying.  Making the phone call was a little harder then I expected, but at least  made it. I am not ashamed of needing counseling, if anyone is wondering.

Well, this is a Debbie downer post.  I'll leave you with a pic of the delish margarita I had yesterday at 1130 am.  Again, no shame.  A little liquid  courage never hurt anyone. Xoxo




7 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I truly sorry this happened. I completely understand what u are going through. Things will get better even though it seems like it won't. Enjoy that margarita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It won't always be this way, you're right. It's just right now that sucks. Hope you are well.

      Delete
  2. Good for you for seeking the support you need...through friends, family, a counselor, and alcohol! All are very valid support systems. I have been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always thinking about you. Glad you're reaching out to a professional. Hope you had at least 4 of those pink drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That margarita was $9!! One was enough, two would have been better. Too expensive tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if you knew, but you can activate the counseling option in ADP and the first ten counseling sessions are free. If you need me, you can call or text or IM me anytime.

    ReplyDelete