Thursday, December 12, 2013

Date results

We jumped straight into it.  Had a nice chat with a new nurse who asked why we were there.  Umm.  Seriously?  To have a kid, duh.  Visited with Dr. R who got all up and personal with an ultrasound and regular exam.  No, I haven't checked for ovulation in the last year...but I mean, my boobs hurt every month.  Doesn't that count for something?  Bad infertile, bad, bad.  I thought I didn't HAVE to check for ovulation.  We are also good candidates for ICSI, which amazes Husband.  Our baby to be, the little science experiment.

Husband and I both had blood work done, all has come back fine so far.  He had an analysis done, his boys are fine.  I had a camera shoved up into my innards to show that there is no scar tissue in the uterus.  My only thought during the whole procedure was 'Wow, it really is all pink inside."  Completely inappropriate.  It was such a weird, crampy experience.  Later that night we went to an IVF seminar in which a heavily accented doctor explained the IVF process.  Most of it I already knew, but I did not know that ICSI was discovered by accident.  Did y'all know that?  I think ICSI is kinda cool. 

We still have some finances to figure out.  Even though insurance will cover most of the procedure, we'll still need to come up with copays and money for drugs.  I'm not sure yet what my protocol will be as I'm on cycle day 8.  We're waiting on cycle day 2 labs, so that will be after the first of the year.  At least I get to enjoy the holidays.

How do I feel? For the first time in a long time, I feel hopeful that we'll have a baby.  It felt strange being back in the office, I had a little bit of anxiety.  So many emotions, such little time.  I leave you with pictures of how we do Christmas, Aayla cat is the bonus.  Bottoms up for a blastocyst!




2 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas tree. Yay for you and cannot wait for 2014 for you!

    ReplyDelete