Sunday, October 23, 2011

Two weeks?!

Apparently I have to wait two weeks from my IUI  to take a pregnancy test.  This wasn't unexpected and I knew it in my head, but my heart was hoping I'd be able to tell something right away.  No such luck.  When my husband and I were trying for a baby the first time, I became addicted to pregnancy tests and ovulation predictors..  If we collected all those tests I took, I swear we could wallpaper each bathroom. Pathetic?  Maybe.  As you can probably tell, patience is not my virtue, I want results NOW! Alas, for the next week and a half I will try to occupy myself with work and friends, and do my best to ignore the package of pregnancy tests that calls my name every morning.

My husband and I went to a wedding this weekend, his cousin got married to her long time fiance.  It was beautiful and such a wonderful celebration of love.  Weddings always make me realize how my husband really is the perfect man for me.  He loves me for who I am, doesn't try to change me, he holds me up when I'm feeling so low.  When I'm feeling really down, really tortured by the universe, I will go to him.  He knows exactly what to say to wake me up, make me realize that this is not my fault.  I didn't wake up one day and decide to be infertile.  I often feel guilty about being depressed over this infertility issue...I mean, my life with my husband is REALLY good and I'm so happy with him, so why should I be so sad?  Am I asking the happiness fairies for too much?  I hope not.

So I am in a waiting period until November 1st.  Can someone speed up the clock?

No comments:

Post a Comment