Thursday, July 3, 2014

What had happened was...






Sometimes life gives you lemons.  So what do you do?  You make lemonade, obviously.  But then you get some vodka, spike that shit, have a good night with your husband and then you get this:

Oops

Yeah.  We apparently had fun on our break after my last period.  My first reaction was one of illiteracy because I had to have Husband read it to me.  I haven't had a positive test on my own in five years.  It only took three IUIs and one IVF, but here we are.  Talk about taking the long way around. We were on a break, being normal.  Don't even say I relaxed.  I've spent five years relaxing.  Oy.

Let's get some particulars out of the way:


  • Last period 5/26..Happy Memorial Day
  • I'm considered 5 weeks, three days today
  • First beta was 650 (beta hcg, the blood pregnancy test for those that don't know)
  • Second beta was today, came in at 1372 (clearly something is growing)
  • Current symptoms include extreme exhaustion, motion sickness and general all day nausea.  I thought I was coming down with the stomach flu originally, but realized I was five days late, so I tested instead.
Surprise, surprise I guess.  I have pretty mixed emotions at the moment.  I'm flabbergasted that this actually happened, bummed I can't be normal for DMB and holy crap scared because this is way too soon after MB.  We make plans and God laughs, right?

Until next time, guys.  I need a nap.  Xoxo

9 comments:

  1. My heart is smiling so big right now!! Congratulations again little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! SOOO EXCITED~!!! SO YOU DIDNT EVEN START TREATMENTS YET?!?! Love you!! Your intro was hilarioussssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was supposed to start birth control after this period. Haha. Irony.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful news!! They do say ur body becomes more fertile after a miscarriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that too, but had yet to see it proven. Thanks, science.

      Delete
  4. HOLY SHIT!!! Congrats, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second Laura- Holy Shit! Congrats and will keep sending you positive thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am late to the party here, but YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you spiked that lemonade!

    ReplyDelete