Saturday, November 9, 2013

Update that's not really an update

Things are pretty much status quo.  My RE's doctor called me to schedule an appointment only to be like ohhhh, oops, November is completely full.  We'll call you when December's schedule opens up.  Really.  Don't call me until you're ready to schedule an appointment, thanks.  That was a week and a half ago..I'm going to call them on Monday and touch base.  I'm trying to stay relaxed, but I can already feel a little anxiety building.  Wooosa.  Woooooooooooosa. 

Also, our insurance plans changed at work.  Thankfully the premium plan covers IVF, but holy crap it's expensive.  Gotta do what ya gotta do, right? I will not complain about having IVF coverage through insurance when most people don't.  I will, however, complain about how my prescription plan doesn't cover jack shit of the prescriptions.  Really.  How you gonna play me like that!

What else?  Husband got the flu and I gloated about not getting sick, so of course the flu germs were all like we've got your number, lady.  He was sick for a week and then I was sick for a week.  I found out yesterday that he got his brother sick as well.  If you're going to get the flu, might as well share it I guess. 

This week's adventure was my sweet baby cat Jaina.  She's one of those cats that never misses a meal and is very, very lovey to anyone with hands.  On Monday she didn't eat dinner,  and on Tuesday she was breathing very heavily, so off to the vet we go.  The initial exam showed an upper respiratory infection, but by the afternoon her breathing didn't get any better and I took her back for some expensive xrays.  Long story short, she contracted pneumonia from possible aspiration on vomit.  Mmm, how's that dinner taste?  After a couple of days in the kitty hospital, she's home and back to her hungry self.  I'm super eagle eye mom on her breathing, and I almost had Husband take her in this morning to get checked.  He had a nice check yo'self before you wreck yo'self conversation with me today.  I'm a concerned parent, he's being calm and observant. 

Sooo...I'm still anticipating not seeing Dr. R until after the New Year.  He's wicked popular and was actually a director of fertility care up at a certain gator university.  He started this practice with another doctor, but left his spot at the university to give us infertile folk babies.  I'm looking forward to seeing him, even though it does mean injections and many ultrasounds.  Until then, I'm going to continue enjoying my wine.  I leave you with a crazy cat, not mine.  Credit to whomever it belongs to.  Until next time, my friends.  Xoxo




2 comments:

  1. I hope little kitty is feeling better! I am a overprotective furbaby mama too. Poor little one.

    Sounds like your doctor is a big shot! Good stuff. It's hard to maintain patience along this journey sometimes. I pray that the day I hold my baby it all seems to have flown by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does seem like nothing, because right now it seems like EVERYTHING. Dr. R is kind of a big shot, but he drives a beat up Camry. He's quiet and has these weird jokes. We're kind of on the same vibe.

      Delete